Bringing it all back home
On Sunday the 19th October Glenmore athletes were thrilled to win the Johnny Mullen Cup for best juvenile club back from Beechmount AC, Belfast. Congrats to all athletes from all clubs on stalwart performances on a day when the rain stayed away. Over 90 athletes also competed in the 2nd year of the 6km road race which was won by Gary O’Hanlon, followed by a nail biting lap sprint to the finish by Brian McCluskey, a great friend of Glenmore & our own Shane Toner. The Kearney Cup went back to North East runners who had 1st and 2nd team whilst Glenmore men had 3rd team. North East Runners ladies won the McBride Cup but were closely followed by the Glenmore ladies team.
Well done to all competitors who braved the wind. We are grateful to the local landowners who generously give of their fields, the Red Cross & to all mentors, coaches, members & athletes who give selflessly of themselves to make this such an enjoyable event. We would also like to acknowledge the late Mickey McBride who passed away earlier this year, the ladies cup is named after him as Mickey was one of the founding members of Glenmore AC in 1969. His son, Kenneth, not only runs with the club as do Mickey’s grandchildren, but is an integral part of the coaching team; it is a tribute to his father that Kenneth is continuing such a fine family tradition.
Thanks again to all for support & help. We will be hosting our annual table Quiz at Fergusons Bar, Gyles Quay on Friday, November 7th and would appreciate your support.
Please find all 6km results on www.precisiontiming.com
The following are the Juvenile results:
- Lucy White, Glenmore 2. Ciara Cunningham, St.Gerards 3. Lucy Sheridan, Dunleer, Julia McLaughlin, Boyne, Chloe McCarragher, Glenmore, Anna Dawson, Glenmore, Orlaigh Daly, Glenmore, Enya Conlon, Beechmount, Sophie Blaney, Beechmount, Vanessa Brennan, Dunleer.
- Sean Reilly, Blackrock, 2. Andrew Ormiston, Beechmount, 3. Aaron Fennell, Boyne, Alex Devine, Boyne, Cathal Walsh, Bohermeen, Cillian Murphy, Glenmore, Jason Brady, Glenmore, Noah Kavanagh, Beechmount, Joe Murphy, Ardee & District
- Niamh Brady, St.Peters, 2, Charlotte OSloan, Ardee, 3. Laoise McElroy, Glenmore, Maeve Fee, Blackrock, Ciara O’Brien, Blackrock, Lisa Conlon, Glenmore, Alex Bewley, Blackrock, Ava Brady, Glenmore, Julia Meegan, Dunleer, Sinead Quuinn, Armagh.
1.James Russell, Dunleer, 2 Joe O’Brien, Dunleer 3. Ian Byrne, Bohermeen, Tiernan Rowley, Boyne, Sean Allen, St Peters, Neil Culhane, Boyne, Cristor Browne, Beechmount, Patrick Farrell, Dunleer, Blake Kennedy, Dunleer, Rory McLaughlin, St.Peters.
- Abby Sheridan, Ardee & District, 2. Neasa reilly Blackrock, 3. Aoife O’Brien Blackrock, Ciara Quinn Glenmore, Carol Browne, Beechmount, Alice Ferguson, Glenmore, Nicola Walsh, Bohermeen, Roisin Bogie, Bohermeen, Katie Conlon, Glenmore, Ciara Carolan Glenmore.
1.Kian leavy, Dunleer, 2 Peter Meghan Dunleer 3. Keelan Conal Drumgath, Aidan Short, Beechmount, James McArdle, Glenmore, Jj Gracey Beechmount, Joseph Magner Armagh, Niall Brady glenmore, Calum Sheedy Boyne, Pearce Short Beechmount.
1.Rebecca Duffy, Beechmount,2 Tara McGuinness, Ardee, 3. Kelly Breen, Blackrock, Maeve White, Glenmore, Katelyn Mulholland St Gerards, Katie Mallon Glenmore, Niamh McGuinness Ardee, Grainne Cullen Bohermeen, Amy Farnan, Glenmore, Maeve Kavanagh Beechmount.
- Jack McCullough, Dunleer, 2. Ruarcain O Gibne, Boyne, 3. Lorcan Hughes Boyne, Peter Gracey, Beechmount, Danny O Brien, Dunleer, Eoghan O Connor, Glenmore,Niall Conall, Burren, Dillon Cardon, Carrick Aces, Oscar Rogan, Bohermeen, Ryan Sheridan, Bohermeen.
The Johnny Mullen Cup went to Glenmore AC on 93 points followed by Dunleer on 77 pts and Boyne on 53 points.
- Conor Magee, Beechmount 2. Peter Fegan, St Colmans, 3. Diarmaid McKeown, Dunleer.
- Kaolan Daly, Armagh 2. Lorean Magee, Beechmount 3. H Rafferty Armagh.
- Daire McCartan, Beechmount 2. Shauna Kerley, Carrick Aces 3. Janet Copeland, Beechmount.
- Niamh Connaughton, Dunleer.
Boys Combined teams:
- St Colemans
Girls Combined teams: