GLENMORE AC Rules & Regulations
* All athletes must make every effort to be on time for Tuesday and Thursday evening training sessions.
* Warm ups are an integral part of training to avoid injury.
* During the cross country season, all athletes must make every effort to compete at race meetings on Sundays. We train together to compete as a team together.
* Athletes must participate in designated activities at training unless injured.
* The use of bad language, spitting, physical assault, verbal abuse or name calling is unacceptable.
* Athletes are requested to respect their fellow athletes, officials, competitors and coaches.
* The track is not to be used during school hours.
* Juvenile club training nights take precedence over individual training and outside groups.
* No adult training during juvenile sessions.
* Equipment is for training and competition use only and no abuse will be tolerated.
* All equipment must be returned after training session unless sanctioned by coach.
* Children must also be accompanied to and from training sessions by an adult and must be collected promptly afterwards.
* Disabled parking spaces to be used by permit holders only at all times.
* Guide dogs only allowed.
* Athletes must wear appropriate training gear.
* Athletes who compete in races must wear a Glenmore singlet, black/white shorts.
* Everyone using the facilities at Glenmore must be registered.
* All coaches and mentors must do the child protection course and be Garda vetted.
* All juvenile athletes are advised that if they have any concerns for their safety, the child welfare officer for 2017 is:
The club is affiliated to Athletics Association of Ireland and adheres to the Irish Sports Council’s Code of Ethics