Glenmore AC Juvenile Newsletter April 2021
A big welcome back to all our juvenile athletes. The coaches are looking forward to a fun season of track & field. Fingers crossed (& Covid permitting) there will be several track & field competitions for our juvenile athletes.
All juveniles must be registered with the club before they attend training.
For new members please refer to membership.athleticsireland.ie to register. For existing members please email Lorraine email@example.com for membership renewal link.
If your child has renewed their membership, please ensure you are added to the correct WhatsApp group. The coaches use these groups to keep parents up to date re training and races.
|Important – due to Covid restrictions no toilet facilities available. Parents & Guardians must always stay in their car.|
Training takes place every Tuesday & Thursday evening from 7-8pm at Bush track. For all our athletes to perform to the best of their ability it is important that they attend both sessions, especially in the lead up to competition.
- Coaching groups are as follows:
- u8, u9 & u10: Aaron Cumiskey & Cathy Fitzmaurice
- u11, u12 & u13: Gavin Byrne, Matt Lindholm & Ciaran Walsh
- u14 & over: Lorraine Dunne, Sarah Dooney & Donal McMoorland
- Hurdles and Long Jump: Dara Fagan & Gillian McElarney
- Fun on the Run returns on Tuesday nights only 7pm to 7.45pm for children aged 5yrs (Born 2016) to 7yrs (Born 2014) inclusive – Parents & Guardians must remain in their cars at track for this group.
- Track and field season incorporates a variety of events, most commonly sprints, distance, long jump, and turbo javelin. For older athlete’s hurdles, high jump and shot putt events can also feature at competition.
- Competitions have been provisionally scheduled in the coming weeks as follows:
- Pre Louth-County Championships: 30th May – Bush track
- Louth County Championships:Day 1-4 Bush track
- Day 1: Sat 12th June u9 & u10
- Day 2: Sun 13th June u14-u19 (1/2 day)
- Day 3: Thurs 17th June u14-u19 (evening)
- Day 4: Sat 19th June u11, u12 & u13
These dates are Covid dependent and subject to change. Glenmore AC encourages all athletes to compete at these events.
- If your child is new to athletics, it is important they know what age group they compete under (Athletics Ireland age groups differ from other sports). 2021 AI age groups are as follows.
- 2021 AI age groups are as follows.
- Born 2013 Under 9
- Born 2012 Under 10
- Born 2011 Under 11
- Born 2010 Under 12
- Born 2009 Under 13
- Born 2008 Under 14
- Born 2007 Under 15
- Born 2006 Under 16
- Born 2005 Under 17
- Born 2004 Under 18
- Born 2003 Under 19
- Club singlets must be worn when competing. Glenmore AC are currently updating their club gear. Club gear can be ordered directly with the supplier (DEFY). We will share the link with you via the WhatsApp groups as soon as possible.
And finally, a big ‘Thank You’ to all our coaches for facilitating our spring / summer training schedule!